Ads






» » TTC Video - America in the Gilded Age and Progressive Era [INFERNO]

TTC Video - America in the Gilded Age and Progressive Era [INFERNO]

TTC Video - America in the Gilded Age and Progressive Era [INFERNO]
TTC Video - America in the Gilded Age and Progressive Era [24 Lectures (M4V)] [INFERNO]
Size: 10.9 GB Type: Tutorial








About This Course
24 lectures | 30 minutes per lecture

America stands at a dramatic crossroads:

Massive banks and corporations wield disturbing power.
The huge income gap between the 1% and the other 99% grows visibly wider.
Astounding new technologies are changing American lives.
Conflicts over U.S. military interventionism, the environment, and immigration dominate public debate.

Sound familiar? You might be surprised to know that these headlines were ripped, not from today's newspaper, but from newspapers over 100 years ago. These and other issues that characterize the early 21st century were also the hallmarks of the transformative periods known as the Gilded Age (1865-1900) and the Progressive Era (1900-1920).
View More
24 Lectures

1
1865: "Bind Up the Nation's Wounds"
2
The Reconstruction Revolution
3
Buffalo Bill Cody and the Myth of the West
4
Smokestack Nation: The Industrial Titans
5
Andrew Carnegie: The Self-Made Ideal
6
Big Business: Democracy for Sale?
7
The New Immigrants: A New America
8
Big Cities: The Underbelly Revealed
9
Popular Culture: Jazz, Modern Art, Movies
10
New Technology: Cars, Electricity, Records
11
The 1892 Homestead Strike
12
Morals and Manners: Middle-Class Society

13
Mrs. Vanderbilt's Gala Ball
14
Populist Revolt: The Grangers and Coxey
15
Rough Riders and the Imperial Dream
16
No More Corsets: The New Woman
17
Trust-Busting in the Progressive Era
18
The 1911 Triangle Fire and Reform
19
Theodore Roosevelt, Conservationist
20
Urban Reform: How the Other Half Lives
21
The 17th Amendment: Democracy Restored
22
Early Civil Rights: Washington or Du Bois?
23
Over There: A World Safe for Democracy
24
Upheaval and the End of an Era





TTC Video - America in the Gilded Age and Progressive Era [INFERNO]






Tags:
     Views 30  |  Comments 0
Similar articles
Comments
All rights by AllSoftMac.Com 2011-2015