Writing Workshop: Introduction to Creative Non-Fiction
English | 2015 | mp4 | H264 1280x720 | AAC 2 ch | 1 hr | 523 MB
eLearning, Academics, Humanities | Skill level: All level
Write clear, concise and creative non-fiction essays ready for publishing.
This is an interactive creative non-fiction writing workshop for students of any level or expertise. This course will includes several exercises/discussion assignments where students and the instructor interact regularly. Though this course can be completed in 2 weeks (if you complete an assignment every day), it can also be completed on a weekly basis and take up to 3 months. Whatever schedule you decide to work on, I will be there every step of the way to workshop your writing with you -- from the first brainstorming exercise to the final draft. If you're looking for a heavily interactive and engaging writing workshop that provides structure for their students, this may be the class for you. What are the requirements?
- All this course requires is your determination to write!
- Students should aim to write 350 words per day. This can be in the form of blogging, journaling, or essay writing.What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 13 lectures and 59 mins of content!
- Develop true stories, well told.
- Brain storm personal life experiences in order to construct clear, concise and creative essays.
- Use basic essay construction skills to formulate a creative non-fiction paper.
- Learn how to thoroughly describe people, places, and experiences.
- Experiment with different voices and writing styles.
- Rewrite, edit and develop new and final drafts.
- Tips for tackling writer's block.
- Where to look for publishing opportunities. What is the target audience?
- This creative non-fiction course does not require students to have a strong foundation in creative non-fiction or fiction writing. Any student, at any point in their writing journey, can take this course to either learn new writing skills or further develop existing ones.