Digital Tutors - Texturing Game Characters in MARI Video Tutorial
English | 2.7GB
English | 2.7GB
When texturing game assets, often times there are several challenges to overcome and variables to consider. In this tutorial, we will talk about some of these as we walk through texturing a character for the current generation of game consoles.
After setting up our MARI project, we’ll get started painting the diffuse color map for our character. Using a combination of image projection and painting, we’ll focus first on his clothing but eventually move to the other areas of the character including his skin, hair and a pass of dirt
to make our character feel more natural. After finishing off the color map, we’ll move on and learn how we can quickly create a specular map for our character by repurposing many of our color textures.To wrap this course up, we will learn how to paint a transparency map that can be used to mask portions of the hair geometry for our game character.
After finishing this course, you will not only have a fully textured game character but you’ll also have a good idea how to overcome many of the challenges that come with this type of project.
01. Introduction and project overview 01:15
02. Setting up the project 10:13
03. Setting up a base texture for the shirts 13:53
04. Creating the stitching around the ankles of the pants 15:43
05. Creating stitching up the legs of the pants 11:13
06. Creating front and back pockets for the pants 13:03
07. Painting additional details for the shirt and pants 13:24
08. Distressing and color correcting the denim pants 11:07
09. Creating a texture base for the shoes 12:41
10. Detailing the shoes 12:48
11. Painting ambient occlusion for shoe details 10:03
12. Painting a subdermal layer for the skin 12:21
13. Painting and masking the base epidermal layer of the skin 11:46
14. Beginning to add epidermal details 11:14
15. Continuing to add epidermal details 10:58
16. Painting a color for the character’s eyes 16:02
17. Painting a color texture for the hair 11:42
18. Painting a dirt pass 10:23
19. Creating a specular map 14:19
20. Painting a transparency map for game hair 10:56
21. Exporting our texture maps 03:26
All Links are interchangeable. 5% Recovery record. No password. Single extraction.
A Premium Account = no Waitting Time + High Speed + Unlimited Parallel downloads.